Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Jimmy Phoenix - 06 - Waiting Expectantly


Dina came over later that day, after taking away Mort.

"I can't believe it. He broke off the engagement!" Dina told Zoe, "We went home and kissed and woo-hooed, and he still won't marry me."

"It sounds like that's final Dina." Zoe commiserated, "He sounds like he wouldn't have been a great husband anyways. It's not like there's anything between us."

"n...no." Dina hesitated, "We are friends though."

"Of course we are!" Zoe reassured her, "But it's not like we've kissed, or anything. He had no right to be jealous."

(B.H.I.S note: Zoƫ's relationship counter with Dina is 83/ 60 no crush no love at this point. She really does only have eyes for Jimmy.)



Jimmy worried about Zoe. She was rushing to the bathroom, and the sounds coming out of there were bad.

"Zoe you should go to the doctor. That's a terrible flu."

"Um. Jimmy. I have gone to the doctor." Zoe took his hands in hers, "It's not the flu."

"Then what?" Jimmy looked into her eyes as she smiled at him.

"We're going to have a baby." Zoe smiled at him.

Jimmy yelped with joy, and gave Zoe a bear hug. "Oh wonderful! Wonderful! A little Zoe like her mother!"

"Or a little Jimmy like his father, if the fates are kind." Zoe smiled back.

"Are you happy about this honey?" Jimmy, looked at her worriedly.

"Actually I am, Jim."  Zoe replied. Jimmy breathed a sigh of relief. "I'm looking forward to having a family, much to my surprise."

"OK. We're going down to City Hall. You're marrying me today." Jimmy looked at her sternly.

"OK." replied Zoe smiling back at him.

"What? no argument?"

"Nope. No argument. I will marry you today."

Jimmy was overjoyed.


The pregnancy was a wondrous time for them both.

"You've got to sit down. You can't exert yourself too much."

"I'll carry that for you."

"Can I get you something, anything?"

Zoe laughed. "Calm down Jimmy, I'm pregnant not disabled. It's supposed to be good for the mother to be active during the pregnancy."

"But, but, I want you to have the best!"

"I have the best. I have you." Zoe replied. "If you want to do something, why don't you talk to our child?"

"Is that ok? I mean, it won't hurt you or the baby will it?"

"Jimmy! Of course not! " Zoe took Jimmy's hand and placed it on her stomach. "Feel that? That's our baby"

"Hello there child-within!" Jimmy whispered to her belly, "I'm your daddy!"


2 Days later, Zoe was feeling not so impressed with the pregnancy.

Dina had come over to help her around the house, and keep her company while Jimmy was at work.

"I feel like a sumo wrestler with this weight."

"Yah - it's not the best look for a gorgeous woman as yourself, but at least you don't have to diet to get rid of it."

"That's what I love about you Dina," Zoe laughed, "You always look on the bright side."


"Ooo!" Zoe stood up from their Chess game. "Ouch! That hurt!"

"What hurt?" Dina stood up, "Has it started?"

"Yeah I think it has!" Zoe groaned into the next contraction.

"Should I call an ambulance?" Dina moved to the phone.

"I think this is going to be a home birth!" Zoe wailed. "Aaahhh!!!"

Dina held her hand. "Push, honey, push."

A lot of pushing and wailing later, and there was a birth....

Not one, but TWO beautiful baby boys!

Zoe wailed "I want Jimmy!"

"He'll be here soon, " Dina comforted Zoe, "But... I've got to go now!'

"Um... ok..."  Zoe wondered why Dina was running out on her.

When Jimmy came home, he was over the moon.

"Oh my precious, precious wife!" He gurgled, "our boys, our beautiful boys!"

He held them in his arms and looked at them with a heart full of love.

"Hello Matthew, Hello Mark"  He said as he snuggled them, "Welcome to the world."



"Um honey, Mark is smelling. Would you? I need to lie down."

Jimmy was happy to look after his sons, and do everything they needed. Changing their diapers was a joy to him. Giving them a bottle. Snuggling, and playing.

It was all he wanted to do.

"I'm a father! I'm a father!" the thought went through his head constantly.

Zoe fell into bed and slept. She wondered when the next time she'd get a good night's rest would be.

"I wish we could afford a nanny." She thought as she drifted off, "There's no way that I can give those boys all the attention they need AND have a clean house."

No comments:

Post a Comment